Sunday, October 5, 2008

What I Believe

It's Complicated, and still evolving -- because I believe no one knows for sure, but there may be a general understanding that comes through the experience of many others.

I believe in spirits, spirits being non-living human entitites; and I believe in angels and demons. I also believe that each of us has a team of spirits who work with us as we go through life. I've begun to rationalize it as a sort of group project -- one of us goes into the physical plane and the others remain in the spiritual plane and we have certain tasks and lessons to accomplish through this experience. How I do here affects all of us, and they provide me with guidance and energy to assist me in the journey.

I truly believe that in the past, when I was half believing in this guidance, that I ignored some strong signals not to do something, and now I know why I got those signals when I did. I believe that my lack of attention to those signals also caused me to create problems for other people in my life, which sets not only me (and my spiritual team) back in growth, but others to whom I was responsible at the time. As a result, I try to be more aware of guidance that is leading me forward in my life to whatever it is I am supposed to do here. And being open to messages and "spiritual help" I believe has allowed situations in my life to unexpectedly develop in ways that I do not control, but are nevertheless for my benefit.

It is difficult to be completely open -- when someone betrays you, when someone is difficult to deal with, when seeming unfairness prevails--but it is like the story of the man with the horse...
it could be a bad thing, or it could be a good thing -- or it could just be the way it is.

I believe in ghosts and poltergeists. I have very little personal experience with them, myself, but I do have some experience and I know others who have seen ghosts. In one friend's house in Sag Harbor, Long Island, many people said they had seen spiritual apparitions, and had heard footsteps, saw lights, and had drawers open up by themselves, I only saw one thing--I was sitting on my friend's bed waiting for her to come back to her room from the kitchen. As I sat there I was watching the door to the attic which was across the hall. The doorknob was turning back and forth by itself. No one was on the other side of the door doing that. I was so amazed that it did not even seem real. When I told my friend, she said, "Oh yeah, that happens all the time."

I believe in my home on Long Island there were some ghostly or poltergeist experiences, as well. Several times while I was in bed in the mornings on the weekend (maybe a little later than I should have been) I either heard my name called or actually felt someone shove me in the back as I lay there. I also felt my bed go down as if someone had sat down by my feet, and once, as I lay on my stomach, it felt as if some invisible body had climbed on top of me and was holding me down.

One evening, my younger son came into my room after I had fallen asleep and said to me, "What are you doing in here?" He said he was in the room below my room and it sounded as if I were jumping up and down on the floor making loud banging noises. I had been sound asleep and heard nothing, and when he came in, I woke up and the noise had stopped.

On another occasion, when his girlfriend was living with us (these experiences seemed to have increased when she was there -- there is a theory that females in a house contribute to poltergeist experiences), I had gotten up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. It was about 3 a.m. when I went back to my bed and lay there trying to get back to sleep. As I lay there, I heard what sounded like someone else go into the bathroom and open and shut the drawers loudly, and then what sounded like plastic laundry baskets being thrown down the stairway which was on the other side of the wall where my bed was situated. I got up to see what was going on, and as I opened my door and looked in the bathroom, no one was there, but at the end of the hall, both sons were coming out of their rooms. The older one, whose room was directly across from the younger son's room, thought that the younger son was banging loudly on his door. The younger son, and his girlfriend, said they heard banging, but then the door to their bedroom slammed open and then shut again. He thought it was his older brother coming in late and waking them up deliberately. I told them what I had thought the noise was, and I looked down the stairs and saw nothing at the bottom to explain what sounded like something being thrown down. To this day we do not know what caused those noises, doors banging open and shutting.

What I believe (to be continued)....

No comments:

Post a Comment