Friday, September 26, 2008

LIFE AS WORK

My first post is to explain my blog name -- Life After Life. My dissertation is focused on the television genre that explores life after death in non-fictional ways. Shows about real-life mediums, real-life ghost hunters, shows that document “hauntings” or supernatural or paranormal experiences and psychic phenomena attributed to real people and places.

My work includes marketing and public relations for Teachers College. In this role social media and having an effective online presence is an important skill. We are debating about whether we want to have a Wikipedia for our unit.

Additionally, I import Hungarian Wine, and began a blog at some point that described my experiences in becoming a wine importer and why I chose Hungarian wine to import. My web site for my company, Kristof Wines, is being used to educate and provide interactive feedback on the wines. I plan to include video clips, blog entries, and chat boards to bring interactivity to the educational site. Perhaps I will create a Wiki for my company.

My goal in this class is to learn how to take the various social media and web features and put them together to create the possibilities described above for my business and my role as Director of Marketing.

I may also like to find ways to publish my ideas on paranormal-based reality television as well as to possibly conduct interviews with people who watch these shows to add to my data collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment